The demand for cleaning is perceived as being less subject to the economic downturn than other sectors as cleaning remains a necessity.
The contract cleaning industry is thriving, but remains competitive, with an estimated turnover of around £5.6 billion annually. A ServiceMaster Clean Contract Services franchise gives prospective business owners the recipe for success in the industry.
When looking for an industry and a franchise to partner up with, it’s essential that you do your research in to both! A great franchise is no good without a great industry to operate within.
Here’s some key facts about the Contract Cleaning Industry – Warwick Institute for Employment Research
- The UK market for contract cleaning is estimated to be £5.6 billion
- There are around 448,400 people working in the industry in just over 32,000 companies
- Migrant workers make up 37% of the English cleaning workforce
- 86% of all cleaning companies have 10 or less employees
- 1% of companies have 200 plus employees and provide work for approximately half of all cleaning employees
How do we fair up?
- Largest Franchisee turnover exceeds £4 million employing over 600 people
- 23% of Franchisees have exceeded £1 million turnover
- Average business turnover £768k employing approximately 114 staff
- Approximately 3985 employees across the network
- Contract Services business grew by 10.4% in 2017
Our franchisees benefit from the use of an established brand of almost 60 years, proven business model and unlimited support from a team of qualified franchise professionals to help them to grow their business in a growing industry.
If you would like to find out more about our franchise proposition in a growing industry, then why not speak to a member of our Franchise Recruitment Team on 0116 275 9005 or at email@example.com