Established Domestic Cleaning and Office Cleaning Business for Sale
Asking Price: £275,000.00
Overview of Business
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a budding entrepreneur in the Sheffield area looking to own their own well-established cleaning business. ServiceMaster (Contract Services) Sheffield & Merry Maids of South Yorkshire have been operating for over 25 years and are now on the market for someone who is ready to build on what is a great existing business opportunity.
For an ambitious owner, the opportunity is there to use the stable customer bases that are currently served and implement a marketing programme to increase sales and build both a substantial domestic & commercial cleaning business.
This opportunity offers a fantastic proposition as the new business owner will have continual support from the existing proprietors, who are initially able to dedicate enough time to the investor ensuring they are comfortable with the business. Investing in this Company also means you have the potential to serve both commercial businesses as well as domestic households and access to existing customer lists, which is included in the price of the sale.
ServiceMaster (Contract Services) Sheffield Primary Services
- Daily cleaning services to professional offices, communal areas & health centres.
- Supply of toilet requisites & consumables
- Window cleaning (via sub-contractors)
- Feminine hygiene rental (via sub-contractors)
Merry Maids of South Yorkshire Primary Services
- Regular domestic cleaning services
- Spring Cleans
- Builders Cleans
- End of tenancy Cleans
- ‘One-off’ deep Cleans
- Rental Properties
Facilities, Property & Location
The business is currently run from a self-contained suite of offices comprising of entrance lobby, 2 offices, 1 storeroom, 1 staff restroom, 1 kitchenette, toilet & utility. All services are provided including telephone lines & internet connection. The offices are rented on a monthly licence agreement. There is ample onsite parking for staff/clients. The offices are situated near to various main arterial roads. There is on-site video monitoring and the premises are secure.
Reason for sale
This is a well-run and easily operated business and the sole reason for a sale is that the owners wish to take early retirement.
Key Financial Information –
At the time of writing this prospectus the 2019 accounts have not been completed but the turnover is estimated to be £305,000.00 which is an 8.2% increase on the previous year. Estimated gross profit of £102,500.00.
Forecasts prepared for the financial period 1st October 2019 to 30th September 2020 show a conservative growth of sales to £331,000.00 and a projected gross profit of £114,500.00
Particulars of the Sale
A combined sale of Merry Maids and Contract Services Sheffield.
Please note that there is some machinery or equipment included in this sale – Please see items listed below.
Sale to include:
- Customer list of Merry Maids of South Yorkshire
- Customer list of ServiceMaster (Contract Services) Sheffield
- Various pieces of office furniture
- Folding chairs in staff restroom
- Washing machine
- Kettle, microwave, fridge, crockery & utensils
- 2 laptop computers & 2 desk top printers
- Key safe
- Various stationery supplies
- Marketing material
- 25 vacuum cleaners, spare parts & vacuum bags.
- Buckets and mops, feather dusters.
- Various cleaning products,
- Spare bottles and spray heads
- 2 ladders
- A large supply of micro fibre cloths, dusters etc.
- Merry Maids Green Polo Shirts, Black Merry Maids Aprons & Black work trousers, sweatshirts & fleeces
- ServiceMaster (C.S.) Blue Polo Shirts & sweatshirts
- Large plastic ‘builders’ buckets
- Cloths drying racks